lauantai 20. elokuuta 2011

A few words about Lisa's labor

Something in English too :) Homepages have some info on Lisas pups in English too, but no details and no "emotions", so I feel like I should open myself a bit here too!

So Lisa had those unexpected pups 8.8.2011 - two girls and two boys - a lovely litter on the whole! :) I went to labor too and we got a boy 2nd of August 2011, only a week before Lisas due date :P Unfortunately our boy was given an antibiotics treatment and I had to stay hospitalized with him for a whole week and we didn't come back home until monday the 8th - 5 minutes before Lisa's first puppy came out!! Of course I had Kaija, my mother-in-law looking after her at all times, she's very experienced in dog labouring for having kennels for couple of decades now.

So as I had just arrived home from hospital, checked that the boy was still asleep in his baby car seat I rushed upstairs to see how were things going with Kaija and Lisa. Kaija quickly told me Lisa had managed out one empty sac and now out were coming a puppy and an empty sac at the same time and Lisa was having great difficulties in pushing them out. Luckily we managed to break the empty sac and after that with three pushes (and some screams on Lisas half) out came a lovely tricolour and spotted girl, a real cutie!! Lisa cleaned her up, but wasn't so much interested that would have let her find a teat, (this was, as we found out, the case with all the puppies until the last one came out) and some while she began pushing again. We got a pair of white feet and the tail, but the second one nearly got stuck by her belly and we even wondered in the middle of all the pushing and pulling and helping that we might have to meet go for a vet... Finally we got out that second puppy too, a girl with a tricolour mask on her face. She was in the canal for quite a long while and really quiet after the birth so Kaija rubbed her a lot with Lisa helping her.

At this point my son woke up and I had to go. Esa, my husband, went upstairs to help her mother. Soon I hear him telling that a tiny boy was born :) This one I believe will have tan and white markings. Lisa even quieted down now to feed her babies and Kaija came downstairs to have some sandwich and coffee, too. She doubted if there were any more to come. However after some while she started to have contractions again and from up below her ribcage had lowered one more pup and with a normal effort she pushed out the biggest pup - a whole white male.

And there they were, the whole clutch. Lisa was very calm during the whole delivery, not even panting, just those few cries with the first one coming out. She has taken care of her pups remarkably well never minding the visitors and all the commotion we have in our house due to the newcomer baby and renovating and all that. Though I guess she's never seen a "normal" quiet day in this house in any case - at least I haven't ;)

I really hope to find good homes for these little fellas and lasses, they grow up so nice and both parents are well beloved family members of ours. <3

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti